Our comprehensive and compliant Legionella Risk Assessments include identification and evaluation of all potential sources of risk associated with Legionella in your water supply.
If you choose not to follow Health and Safety guidelines and do not carry out a Legionella Risk Assessment to cover the water services in your premises then you may be exposed to litigation and potential prosecution should a situation arise.
Republic of Ireland – The National Guidelines for the Control of Legionellosis in Ireland, 2009 (HPSC).
UK – Under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, employers or people in charge of their premises must have a Legionella Risk assessment carried out on their premises that complies with HSE ACoP L8 and HSG274 guidelines.
A City & Guilds qualified Legionella risk assessor will attend your property and carry out a survey, this will include:
- Trace of all pipework configurations and water sources
- Identification and inspection of all site assets
- Water Temperatures taken across the whole site
- System materials checked to ensure compliance with WRAS (The latest water fitting regulations)
- Control scheme recommendation against identified risks
- Photography of all sites assets and risk areas
- Detailed schematic identifying each asset including risk areas
The Risk assessment must be regularly reviewed, especially when reason to believe validity has expired.
An indication of when to review the assessment and what to consider should be recorded.
Upon completion of your Legionella risk assessment the document is typed up and issued to you, either by hard copy or electronically depending on your requirements, this includes:
- HSE inspection approved certification of Risk Assessment
- Recommendation summary outlining Risk areas
- Summary of findings and recommendations for review
- Overall Risk rating with our unique scoring system
- Detailed schematic showing assets of the water system
- Asset reports for future monitoring of the entire system
Legionella Risk Assessments and Control
Britewater offer bespoke water hygiene services from small domestic properties right through to large industrial sites. Our team of water treatment experts can maintain and monitor water systems ensuring they comply with current guidelines set out in ACOP L8, HSG274 and HTM 04-01.
What we do:
- Routine monthly temperature monitoring
- Shower head cleaning, disinfecting and descaling
- Tap descaling and disinfecting
- Legionella and microbiological analysis
- Thermostatic mixing valve (TMV) servicing and testing
- Cold water storage tank inspection
- Cold water storage tank and down services disinfection
- Water hygiene remedial works
- Calorifier inspection and descaling services
- Legionella risk assessments